MUST ATTEND & Invite your neighbors:
Interfaith Vigil for George Floyd and against Racism - 7:00 PM - Thursday 6/11/2020 - Solon Gazebo
Vigil this Thursday (6/11) at 7:00 pm at Solon Gazebo.
Chagrin Valley Islamic Center (CVIC) invites you to an Interfaith Vigil to express support for the family and friends of George Floyd and stand firmly against Racism.
Our communities will come together in respect, honor, love and peace at the Solon Gazebo on Thursday 6/11 at 7:00PM.
Please be sure to wear masks and practice social distancing.
All are welcome!! Please join.
See you all إِنْ شَاءَ الله.
Chagrin Valley Islamic Center condemns the senseless murder of George Floyd and the continued violence against our family of African-American and people of color. Our heart goes out to everyone hurting from these unacceptable tragedies and the centuries of injustice they represent. Racial hatred has no place in our world, in our community, or in our hearts.
All of us share a responsibility to bring an end to this evil and to do so in a way that achieves justice and an end to the status quo. The events in Minneapolis are alarming and remind us of deeply rooted social ills in our country. Now, more than ever, we must stand together against hatred and bigotry and uphold the core American values of justice and equality.
We ask everyone to learn from advice given to us by Prophet Muhammad, may the Lord’s peace and blessings be upon him, in his final sermon:
“All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab, nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a white has no superiority over black, nor a black has any superiority over white except by piety and good action."
While we stand with our fellow citizens in exercising our constitutional right to protest the injustices we see in front of us, we also express our disapproval of any act of aggression, violence, rioting or looting on part of the very few, which distracts from the message that we all agree needs to be the focus of our effort.
Standing in solidarity with our neighbors, family members, colleagues and friends against any systemic and overt racism that exist in our community and nation.
Chagrin Valley Islamic Center
Dear CVIC community members,
1) ANSWER THIS QUESTIONNAIRE: DO NOT COME or ENTER IF ANY OF THESE ARE TRUE:
Assalaam alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barkatuhu,
CVIC has decided to reopen the SIGNATURE CLUBHOUSE JUMA'A PRAYERS FROM JUNE 5 (1:30 PM khutbah), in incremental steps. We have emphasized to Signature the importance of cleaning common areas, door handles, etc. to be wiped and disinfected regularly for everyone's safety.
Please note the following regulations for Juma'a prayer: in light of the current Covid-19 pandemic, and state regulations:
- Are you currently under Quarantine?
- Do you have any travel history within or outside of the USA in the last 2 weeks?
- Did you have any contact with COVID-19 patients within the last 2 weeks or visited any high-risk areas?
- Do you have elevated temperature, cough, sneezing, difficulty breathing, or any flu like symptoms, or nausea/vomiting/diarrhea symptoms?
- Do you have any immunity-compromising conditions or are on immune suppressing medications?
3) FOLLOW SOCIAL DISTANCING RULES:
- NO CHILDREN below the age of 16, or adults OVER THE AGE OF 65 are allowed during this initial phase. Women shall be allowed.
- MASK OR SIMILAR FACIAL COVERING: NO ENTRY OTHERWISE
- Be prepared to have your TEMPERATURE checked and interviewed. Please follow social distancing while waiting
- Entry for Juma'a will be limited to first FIFTY congregants in this initial phase: on a FIRST COME FIRST SERVED basis, The limit will be strictly enforced.
- Please follow directions for entry and egress via doors as designated
4) PRAYER RESTRICTIONS
- SIX FEET APART AT ALL TIMES
- AVOID ANY CONTACT: NO HUGGING, HANDSHAKES
- MASK OR SIMILAR FACIAL COVERING: AT ALL TIMES
- LOUD TALKING AND SHOUTING SHALL NOT BE ALLOWED: IT HAS BEEN SHOWN TO ADVANCE PROGRESSION
- NO SOCIALIZING OR GATHERING OUTSIDE THE PRAYER ROOM OR IN HALLWAYS
- BRING YOUR OWN PRAYER RUG OR A PLASTIC SHEET FOR YOUR PRAYER: please place 6 feet apart at designated spots
- We encourage sunnah/nafil prayers to be done at home
- Wudu: while bathrooms shall be open, they may not be available if sanitization is ongoing: be prepared with WUDU from home.. Please leave as soon as the fard prayer is complete; please complete Sunnah prayers at home.
- Khutbah shall be shorter than usual: 10-15 minutes.
- We encourage LEAVING AS SOON AS FARD PRAYER IS OVER
- COLLECTING YOUR SHOES AND EGRESS WILL NEED TO BE WITH THE SAME SOCIAL DISTANCING RULES.
- No hanging jackets or coats, or leaving other personal items around. Do not place your phones or other items on the ground.
- We encourage online donations, but cash will be accepted in Donation boxes. Please avoid touching the boxes or counter-tops.
- As CVIC continues to need your contributions, please ask our volunteers of ways to donate.
- CVIC Juma'a and other gatherings can safely and successfully resume InshaAllah only if we have MORE VOLUNTEERS managing the operations. Please let us know if you can spare some time around Friday Jama'at: to manage stations and set up, both men and women.
While these steps may appear to be stringent, they are necessary to protect our community. Please don't be disheartened if you are unable to join the congregation, In Sha Allah we will relax the conditions in a phased manner as the conditions improve.
We hope you will understand and cooperate with us in this matter.
May Allah grant us all good health and high Eeman during this turbulent time.
May Allah accept all our prayers whether in congregation or in solitude - Aameen.
DEAR Community Members,
EID Mubrak to you and family!! May Allah accepts all our ibadahs and Duas in this blessed month of Ramadan!!!
Given the pandemic, CVIC is not able to hold congregational prayers, but would like to invite you to:
CVIC EID-UL-FITR DRIVE-IN:
- On Sunday, May 24, 10:00 AM onwards.
- At Signature of Solon Clubhouse Parking lot: 39000 Signature Drive, Solon.
- IN-CAR GATHERING for the whole family, with zoom conferencing for communication in the parking lot, with a khutbah starting at 10:15 AM.
- Zoom link for Sunday 10:00 AM:
- Members are advised to pray Eid nafil prayers at home (2 rikaat with additional takbeerat) prior to coming for the Eid Drive-in.
- After the khutbah, please drive by in single file towards the portico, to collect sweets for adults, goodies for kids.
- Cars need parked with 1 parking space left vacant in between cars.
- No coming out of cars. We encourage signs, banners, decorating your cars.
- Social distancing strictly enforced. All members are encouraged to wear masks while collecting sweets.
- All helpers shall also wear masks, gloves.
- Solon Police shall be in attendance.
- Please join us in Eid Takbeer, click here for Takbeer document
- Zakat-ul fitr: we hope you have already paid your zakat-ul-fitr ($10), we shall have a box to collect it OR
Click here to pay zakat-ul-fitr
- ***Please stay in your cars at all times.***
Please join us insh’Allah!
Dear Community Members,
Assalam alaikum wa rehmatullahi wa barkatuhu,
We are praying to Allah that you and your family are staying safe and healthy at these unprecedented times. Here are some updates for our Masjid activities, as we all pray that things come back to Normal soon, insh’Allah!.
CVIC MASJID CONSTRUCTION UPDATE APRIL 5, 2020
CONSTRUCTION IS MOVING ALONG DESPITE THE CORONAVIRUS CRISIS.
Our Masjid has walls up over 26 feet, and on to second level. Steel beams are up. Windows are going in. Roof trusses are going up. Roof is not too far away, InshaAllah. See pictures below.
CIVC MASJID CONSTRUCTION PICTURES: AS OF APRIL 4:
- JUMA'A PRAYERS: Due to the Coronavirus crisis and in keeping with the required Social Distancing Executive Order, our CVIC Juma'a remains cancelled till further notice from the state.
- MUSALLAH: THE STATION STREET MUSALLAH IS NO LONGER UNDER OPERATION FOR THE TIME BEING. Given the Coronavirus Crisis, we have suspended our lease of the property. We shall be working on future arrangements, InshaAllah, as soon as the Social Distancing Executive Order is lifted
- RAMADAN: 2020 Ramadan is not too far away. We are making preparations for ONLINE QURAN RECITATIONS, ONLINE ISLAMIC LECTURES, ONLINE HALAQA. As long as the Coronavirus Crisis and the Social Distancing Executive Order remains in place, we are NOT planning Taraweeh. As soon as the Order is lifted, we shall InshaAllah move towards Taraweeh. Please see below for regular LINKS to local and national level lectures
- RAMADAN FUNDRAISING IFTAR: We have had to POSTPONED the planned May16th fundraiser iftar till further notice
- Monthly Halaqa Details: In keeping with the times, we are starting our ZOOM MEETING ONLINE HALAQA SERIES APRIL 5, SUNDAY AT 6:30 PM
- TAFSEER: BY DR ZEKI every Friday, has also MOVED TO ZOOM MEETING ONLINE:
- Every Friday at 3:30 to 4:00 pm
- Meeting ID: 871 342 580
- Password: 820151
- FREE GROCERY DISTRIBUTION TO THE NEEDY: CVIC has partnered with several other area organizations in this noble cause in these times of need. Please note details below: ALL ARE WELCOME HELP OUT, CONTRIBUTE IN THIS SADAQA
- WEBSITE TO HELP, AND TO REFER ANYONE WHO NEEDS THIS HELP: http://www.clevelandmuslimvolunteers.com
- APPEAL FROM CVIC: Our CVIC MASJID PROJECT continues, as do the need to fulfill our commitments to the builders. As we are having to postpone our fundraiser for the time being, this need has become EVEN MORE ACUTE: SO PLEASE SEND IN YOUR PLEDGES, PLEASE REACH OUT TO YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY FOR DONATIONS TOWARDS THE CONSTRUCTION, AND PLEASE STEP FORWARD WITH THIS YEAR'S COMMITMENTS FORM YOUR SIDE TOWARDS THE CONSTRUCTION FUND
- LINKS TO ISLAMIC LECTURES:
- A) Local lectures:
Sheik Hamzah Wald Maqbul - ICC Imam
- ISAK - Islamic society of Akron and Kent
- B) National speakers:
CONSTRUCTION IS MOVING ALONG DESPITE THE WEATHER:
Our Masjid has walls up over 20 feet, and on to second level. Steel beams going up soon. Roof is not too far away, InshaAllah. See pictures below.
- RAMADAN: 2020 Ramadan is not too far away. We are beginning preparations. Haafiz selection, Taraweeh at Signature of Solon, Iftars at Signature of Solon are all in the works.
- RAMADAN FUNDRAISING IFTAR: SAVE THE DATE: MAY 16TH, SATURDAY.
- EID Prayers: 2020 Shall be our 5th year with both Eid prayers being held in Solon. InshaAllah 2021, we should be in our own masjid.
- First Ramadan is on May 24th 2020
- First Taraweeh is on May 23th 2020
- Eid is on May 24th
We have a wonderful opportunity coming up in our community to engage ourselves in a lasting relationship with our Jewish community member through interfaith dialogue and activity.
The word "interfaith" describes an interaction between people of different religions or faith traditions. But it is more than that. It is about understanding our significant differences, but also recognizing our similarities, and working together for peace, justice and healing in our world. Interfaith friendships reach out across the stereotypes and misunderstandings that lead to religiously-motivated violence. They reinforce the idea that, regardless of religion or belief tradition, every human deserves respect.
Islam recognizes a plurality of religions and asks Muslims to respect other religions. The primary role of interfaith dialogue is to remove misunderstanding and accept difference, the aim being to generate a climate of peaceful coexistence and harmonious social relations. Muslim engagement with members of other faiths, particularly Christianity and Judaism, has, bolstered by the Qur’an, always been an important component of the Islamic encounter with the Other.
Address: 6911 Liberty Rd, Solon OH 44139
- Masjid Walls Construction started:
- Site Work near completion, sewer & water lines being drawn:
- Building foundation, footers, anchors are in place:
- Drive way:
We at Chagrin Valley Islamic Center (CVIC), Solon, would really appreciate your company at
CANDIDATES NIGHT: MEET OUR SOLON CITY COUNCIL CANDIDATES
Venue: Signature of Solon Clubhouse -39000 Signature Drive, Solon, OH 44139.
Date/time: Sunday, October 13th, at 6:15 pm.
We plan to present all our City Council candidates to our community's Solon residents, to help fulfill our civic duty as informed voters.
We would like to have you speak for a few minutes. We are not going for a town hall format this time around, so questions from the audience are not planned.
You are welcome to take questions if you so please.
CVIC is a 401 3 (c) non-profit, and plans to give equal time to all candidates and does not endorse any particular candidate or party.
Thank you for the consideration,
Please call Masroor Malik at 440-725-0957 or email at email@example.com to confirm.
On behalf of Chagrin Valley Islamic Center
Syed P Ashraf
Eid Prayer is on August 11th, at 9:00 am - Signature of Solon
Bouncy House and Gaming Center; Heavy Snacks
We need more people to sign up please
Assalamu Alaikum Everyone,
Eid-ul-Adha will be celebrated on Sunday August 11, 2019, iA.
The Eid Salat will be held at 9:00 am at Signature of Solon -39000 Signature Drive, Solon, OH 44139.
Heavy snacks and tea/coffee will be provided in social area after the prayers.
If you like to sign up for bringing something for snacks, please go to the link below.
Sign up sheet
Please try to arrive half hour early so the prayers can be started on time.
The shoes should be neatly aligned with the prayer rooms, please.
Immediately following the Prayers, the Bouncy House and Gaming Center are set-up outside the club house for children and youths to enjoy.
This will be fun activity for the whole family to enjoy.
The takbeer for Eid, you may print your own copy if you wish. It is recommended to recite this on your way to the Eid prayers.
Thanks for your support of our Mosque - CVIC Fundraiser Update
To our beloved CVIC Community and our guests.
We all had the pleasure of having many of you at the Annual Fundraiser Iftar yesterday, May 17th, 2019, and we are truly both overjoyed and humbled by the response from our community. For this we thank you for your efforts and your support, and pray for your ajar from Allah Subhana wa ta'aala in this world and in the hereafter.
CVIC was honored to host 460 guests and about 50 children at our temporary home at Signature of Solon Clubhouse. We of course are aspiring to build our permanent facility InshaAllah on Liberty Road in Solon. Every year, Alhamdolillah, we have grown at our events, as we have at our regular Iftars, taraweeh, halaqa, and other events. And of course we have our Eid Prayers and Celebration coming up soon.
We do continue to have sponsored Iftar every Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday during Ramadan. So do join us and stay with us at taraweeh. On Friday night, May 31, 2019, we are scheduled to have our Lailatul Qadr event, and Khatamul Quran. Eid celebrations will be on June 4th at Signature of Solon.
CVIC masjid project is on track and moving from site work to foundation as we go through Ramadan/ We expect the building structure to come up by September, InshaAllah. As we are already done with all our designing, planning, regulatory approvals, contracting, value engineering, etc, the only issue that limits the progress of this work of Allah is funding.
We continue to appeal for your support in your dua's and in your financial pledges.
Click here for the security measures tips
Chagrin Valley Islamic Center strongly condemns the heinous attacks on Christian worshipers celebrating Easter Sunday and others in Sri Lanka. For this to happen in a house of Worship is especially appalling. An attack on one house of worship is an attack on all houses of worship. We have seen too many instances of vicious attacks in churches, mosques, synagogues, temples, and other houses of worship, and it is time to say, “No More!”.
We call for absolute justice in prosecuting these terrorist and criminals. May God heal those injured, comfort the loved ones of those killed, and bring those responsible for this crime to justice. We stand with our fellow citizens of all faiths in condemning such acts of violence. We join people around the world in saying, Pray for Sri Lanka
Chagrin Valley Islamic Center (CVIC) strongly condemns the violent criminal act and a hate crime, perpetrated on house of worships in Christchurch, New Zealand singled out for their religious beliefs. We stand with our brothers and sisters in this hour of grief, and call upon law enforcement in New Zealand to bring the perpetrators to justice using the full force of the law.
Our condolences to the bereaved families and friends. We make Dua (prayers) that God grant the one who passed away highest place in paradise and ease the pain & suffering of the loved ones
CVIC Book Club
Generally 2nd and 4th Friday of every month.
Date and Time:
Please click here
for current information.
Location: 33725 Station St Solon, OH 44139
Age Groups as follows:
< 10 years old
10 to 14 years old
- Sr.Saima : 610-750-3324 (Text or Call)
- Sr.Zehra : 440-591-9823 (Text or Call)
15+ years old
- Sr.Rummana: 484-356-3166 (Text or Call)