Dear CVIC community members,
1) ANSWER THIS QUESTIONNAIRE: DO NOT COME or ENTER IF ANY OF THESE ARE TRUE:
Assalaam alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barkatuhu,
CVIC has decided to reopen the SIGNATURE CLUBHOUSE JUMA'A PRAYERS FROM JUNE 5 (1:30 PM khutbah), in incremental steps. We have emphasized to Signature the importance of cleaning common areas, door handles, etc. to be wiped and disinfected regularly for everyone's safety.
Please note the following regulations for Juma'a prayer: in light of the current Covid-19 pandemic, and state regulations:
- Are you currently under Quarantine?
- Do you have any travel history within or outside of the USA in the last 2 weeks?
- Did you have any contact with COVID-19 patients within the last 2 weeks or visited any high-risk areas?
- Do you have elevated temperature, cough, sneezing, difficulty breathing, or any flu like symptoms, or nausea/vomiting/diarrhea symptoms?
- Do you have any immunity-compromising conditions or are on immune suppressing medications?
3) FOLLOW SOCIAL DISTANCING RULES:
- NO CHILDREN below the age of 16, or adults OVER THE AGE OF 65 are allowed during this initial phase. Women shall be allowed.
- MASK OR SIMILAR FACIAL COVERING: NO ENTRY OTHERWISE
- Be prepared to have your TEMPERATURE checked and interviewed. Please follow social distancing while waiting
- Entry for Juma'a will be limited to first FIFTY congregants in this initial phase: on a FIRST COME FIRST SERVED basis, The limit will be strictly enforced.
- Please follow directions for entry and egress via doors as designated
4) PRAYER RESTRICTIONS
- SIX FEET APART AT ALL TIMES
- AVOID ANY CONTACT: NO HUGGING, HANDSHAKES
- MASK OR SIMILAR FACIAL COVERING: AT ALL TIMES
- LOUD TALKING AND SHOUTING SHALL NOT BE ALLOWED: IT HAS BEEN SHOWN TO ADVANCE PROGRESSION
- NO SOCIALIZING OR GATHERING OUTSIDE THE PRAYER ROOM OR IN HALLWAYS
- BRING YOUR OWN PRAYER RUG OR A PLASTIC SHEET FOR YOUR PRAYER: please place 6 feet apart at designated spots
- We encourage sunnah/nafil prayers to be done at home
- Wudu: while bathrooms shall be open, they may not be available if sanitization is ongoing: be prepared with WUDU from home.. Please leave as soon as the fard prayer is complete; please complete Sunnah prayers at home.
- Khutbah shall be shorter than usual: 10-15 minutes.
- We encourage LEAVING AS SOON AS FARD PRAYER IS OVER
- COLLECTING YOUR SHOES AND EGRESS WILL NEED TO BE WITH THE SAME SOCIAL DISTANCING RULES.
- No hanging jackets or coats, or leaving other personal items around. Do not place your phones or other items on the ground.
- We encourage online donations, but cash will be accepted in Donation boxes. Please avoid touching the boxes or counter-tops.
- As CVIC continues to need your contributions, please ask our volunteers of ways to donate.
- CVIC Juma'a and other gatherings can safely and successfully resume InshaAllah only if we have MORE VOLUNTEERS managing the operations. Please let us know if you can spare some time around Friday Jama'at: to manage stations and set up, both men and women.
While these steps may appear to be stringent, they are necessary to protect our community. Please don't be disheartened if you are unable to join the congregation, In Sha Allah we will relax the conditions in a phased manner as the conditions improve.
We hope you will understand and cooperate with us in this matter.
May Allah grant us all good health and high Eeman during this turbulent time.
May Allah accept all our prayers whether in congregation or in solitude - Aameen.
Dear Community Members,
Assalam alaikum wa rehmatullahi wa barkatuhu,
We are praying to Allah that you and your family are staying safe and healthy at these unprecedented times. Here are some updates for our Masjid activities, as we all pray that things come back to Normal soon, inshâ€™Allah!.
CVIC MASJID CONSTRUCTION UPDATE APRIL 5, 2020
CONSTRUCTION IS MOVING ALONG DESPITE THE CORONAVIRUS CRISIS.
Our Masjid has walls up over 26 feet, and on to second level. Steel beams are up. Windows are going in. Roof trusses are going up. Roof is not too far away, InshaAllah. See pictures below.
CIVC MASJID CONSTRUCTION PICTURES: AS OF APRIL 4:
- JUMA'A PRAYERS: Due to the Coronavirus crisis and in keeping with the required Social Distancing Executive Order, our CVIC Juma'a remains cancelled till further notice from the state.
- MUSALLAH: THE STATION STREET MUSALLAH IS NO LONGER UNDER OPERATION FOR THE TIME BEING. Given the Coronavirus Crisis, we have suspended our lease of the property. We shall be working on future arrangements, InshaAllah, as soon as the Social Distancing Executive Order is lifted
- RAMADAN: 2020 Ramadan is not too far away. We are making preparations for ONLINE QURAN RECITATIONS, ONLINE ISLAMIC LECTURES, ONLINE HALAQA. As long as the Coronavirus Crisis and the Social Distancing Executive Order remains in place, we are NOT planning Taraweeh. As soon as the Order is lifted, we shall InshaAllah move towards Taraweeh. Please see below for regular LINKS to local and national level lectures
- RAMADAN FUNDRAISING IFTAR: We have had to POSTPONED the planned May16th fundraiser iftar till further notice
- Monthly Halaqa Details: In keeping with the times, we are starting our ZOOM MEETING ONLINE HALAQA SERIES APRIL 5, SUNDAY AT 6:30 PM
- TAFSEER: BY DR ZEKI every Friday, has also MOVED TO ZOOM MEETING ONLINE:
- Every Friday at 3:30 to 4:00 pm
- Meeting ID: 871 342 580
- Password: 820151
- FREE GROCERY DISTRIBUTION TO THE NEEDY: CVIC has partnered with several other area organizations in this noble cause in these times of need. Please note details below: ALL ARE WELCOME HELP OUT, CONTRIBUTE IN THIS SADAQA
- WEBSITE TO HELP, AND TO REFER ANYONE WHO NEEDS THIS HELP: http://www.clevelandmuslimvolunteers.com
- APPEAL FROM CVIC: Our CVIC MASJID PROJECT continues, as do the need to fulfill our commitments to the builders. As we are having to postpone our fundraiser for the time being, this need has become EVEN MORE ACUTE: SO PLEASE SEND IN YOUR PLEDGES, PLEASE REACH OUT TO YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY FOR DONATIONS TOWARDS THE CONSTRUCTION, AND PLEASE STEP FORWARD WITH THIS YEAR'S COMMITMENTS FORM YOUR SIDE TOWARDS THE CONSTRUCTION FUND
- LINKS TO ISLAMIC LECTURES:
- A) Local lectures:
Sheik Hamzah Wald Maqbul - ICC Imam
- ISAK - Islamic society of Akron and Kent
- B) National speakers:
CONSTRUCTION IS MOVING ALONG DESPITE THE WEATHER:
Our Masjid has walls up over 20 feet, and on to second level. Steel beams going up soon. Roof is not too far away, InshaAllah. See pictures below.
- RAMADAN: 2020 Ramadan is not too far away. We are beginning preparations. Haafiz selection, Taraweeh at Signature of Solon, Iftars at Signature of Solon are all in the works.
- RAMADAN FUNDRAISING IFTAR: SAVE THE DATE: MAY 16TH, SATURDAY.
- EID Prayers: 2020 Shall be our 5th year with both Eid prayers being held in Solon. InshaAllah 2021, we should be in our own masjid.
- First Ramadan is on May 24th 2020
- First Taraweeh is on May 23th 2020
- Eid is on May 24th